A space for lifting each other in the Light of God
Please be in prayer for…..
- Family & Friends of Darrel Jones—Darrel passed away unexpectedly on Nov. 14. He and his wife Rosi, Camp Colorado managers, have given so much to the camp, campers, and Western Plains District. Please keep Rosi and their immediate family in prayer during this difficult time, as well as so many other family and friends.
- Tom Smith & Family— Tom Smith’s wife, Jerrie, passed away Oct. 22, due to a sudden onset of
leukemia. Tom is pastor at the Parsons church. Please keep Tom, his family, and the congregation in prayer.
- Dave Valeta & Family—Dave Valeta’s mother, Eva Valeta, passed away Nov. 3. Dave attends the Prince of Peace congregation and is the husband of Prince of Peace team pastor Gail Erisman-Valeta. Please be in prayer for the Valeta family.
- Davidson Family—Ruth Davidson Clark passed away Nov. 6. Ruth was very active in working for peace in her community and world. Ruth is the sister of Ken Davidson, pastor of the Mont Ida and Scott Valley congregations. Please keep the Davidson family in prayer.
Our Congregations in Western Plains
- Garden City (Kan.)— Prayers for Unity in the Spirit
- Rochester Community (Topeka, Kan.) —Prayers as the congregation continues its pastoral search.
- Wiley (Colo.)—Please pray for (1) Holy Spirit Revival during our Send The Fire Missions Conference Dec 1-2. We will be hosting Gary Garmond from Healthy Growing Churches in Florida and Kevin Turner with Strategic World Impact, a ministry to the persecuted church around the world. (2) God’s favor in further developing our outreach ministries in Lamar (3) God’s continued blessing for building & birthing small group communities in the area. (4) God’s revelation into reaching our world with the Gospel of God’s Kingdom (5) God’s provision and healing for so many that are hurting financially and sick physically.
Our Denomination, Our Nation, Our World
- Pray for those in the Northeast affects by Hurricane Sandy as well as disaster services volunteers
- Continuing prayers for our brothers and sisters in North and South Sudan.
- Pray for the northern states in Nigeria where terrorist-type violence exists. Pray for the Nigerian Brethren, their congregations, pastors, denominational leaders, and Brethren mission worker Carol Smith.
- Our brothers and sisters in Christ in Brazil, Haiti, Dominican Republic, India, Nigeria, and Sudan
- On-going conflicts in Afghanistan and Iraq
- Palestinians and Israelis experiencing violence. May hearts be open for a new way.
- Annual Conference Moderator Robert Krouse; General Secretary Stan Noffsinger; and all Annual Conference agency staff
- Our elected officials at all levels of government